Centre Operations: Slimming
Reports To :
JOB SCOPE: :
To promote individual and group health, physical fitness and wellbeing, and enabling them to deal with excess weight and obesity using sound scientific principles and established safe practices under the general guidance of the Slimming Manager and in collaboration with other specialists such as Dietician and Centre Physician, within the limits of established Company policies
- To ensure timely and constructive completion of zero session as per SOP.
- To assess the fitness level of clients and identify special needs, if any
- To design and plan an appropriate and safe fitness routine consisting of right posture, cardio-respiratory fitness, strength and flexibility based on the fitness protocols to lose weight as in Slimming SOP
- To use the most appropriate techniques (use of Resistance bands, Dumbbells, Stepper, Physio ball etc) to improve physical fitness.
- To plan appropriate therapeutic exercise plan based on special needs of a client.
- To explain exercise recommendations based on DNA report of the client.
- To conduct periodic (at least twice a week) group exercise sessions for clients to address common needs.
- To personally apply when ever required (Cross gender not allowed) and also ensure (by nurses and slimming therapists ) correct and safe usage of bandages / pad placements, modes, applicators etc specific to different appliances.
- To execute hands on sessions with advance appliance efficiently.
- To play an active role in booking and execution of wellness therapies.
- To maintain client records for periodic assessments, special needs recommendations and progress.
- To update software entries pertaining to client’s progress regularly and help the dietitians in entry of execution of services in CABs when ever required
- To monitor and review progress of clients after each slimming session. To have a 3rd session review done under the guidance of Slimming Head / Slimming Incharge, In house Doctor and conduct Group Counseling session if required.
- To ensure valuable team inputs at Center / Area level for all Unsuccessful, Regular clients so that the Slimming Head can escalate the case to the Corporate Technical team for prompt and timely inputs to make the case successful.
- To use effective counseling techniques to guide the clients facing weight plateau and suggest alternate course of action after approval from Slimming Head to help achieveTarget Success Rate and Regularity % as defined on month to month / Quarterly basis
- To conduct daily follow up of irregular clients to ensure executions within validity period, achievement of the target Regularity % and package completion within validity period.
- To work in co-ordination with other specialists at VLCC to customize the fitness programs for each client.
- To check on the Trolley / Bed Setting done by the Slimming Therapists / Nurses
- To monitor the frequency and accuracy of taking and recording measurements taken by nurses/therapist.
- To ensure soft skills are being practiced by every one in the Slimming Department
- To ensure timely preventive maintenance of all appliances and equipment to assure client safety
- To keep a track of calibration of slimming equipment and inform the maintenance team if overdue.
- To check the resistance of pads of NMSs with multimeter and discard pads which have resistance more than 1000 ohms. Pads between 500- 1000 ohms can be retained but all have to be changed after 6 months.
- To mention at the back of the pads the date of change and start of usage.
- To know and guide regarding medical contraindications and safety guidelines of appliances while bookings of packages .
- To sell various products to clients especially the Slimmer’s range.
- To conduct events for invited clients covering demonstrations and explanations to promote enrollments and sales for the centers.
- To help clients to learn breathing patterns to relax and de- stress
- To ensure that the Training inputs are shared with the respective Slimming Team members
- To attend all staff meetings as and when required by the Center Head and to attend all Trainings as and when nominated by the Corporate / Centre Head
- To ensure that all duties are carried out in line with VLCC policies with high standards of personal appearance and personal hygiene, and in an ethical manner.
- To constantly upgrade oneself and multitask so as to achieve the progression level as per the multitasking / up gradation planner
- To perform supporting tasks whenever the Company organizes slimming events at any location
- 2. To participate in and willingly support community welfare programs as and when required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:Good listener, patient and tolerant, able to handle demanding clients with gentle firmness and courtesy, able to keep calm and act professionally with clients of either gender and of all ages, good communication skills with the ability to explain scientific principles in layman terms and through simple examples, willing to take responsibility for results and tasks
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master of Physiotherapy MPT /Bachelor of Applied Sciences – Physiotherapy / Bachelor of Physiotherapy BPT / Graduate Diploma of Health Sciences – Exercise and Sports Science
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: At least 2 – 4 years experience in similar industry
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Willing to work in shifts, accept additional responsibilities, comfortable with transfers to other locations