How VLCC Works
“A condition of good physical & mental health, achieved and maintained by proper diet, exercise and lifestyle management”
Our present day lifestyle has made good health a concept that is universally desired. At VLCC, we endeavor to turn this desire into an achievable state of healthy living, by offering a harmonious blend of the latest scientific technologies along with nutritional and lifestyle counseling in leading a happy, stress free life.
We understand that a universal “one-size-fits-all program”, can never help an individual achieve complete wellness. Therefore, we arrange for a zero session that brings to you the expertise of our team of highly qualified professionals that include doctors, nutritionists, dietitians, psychologists, counselors, physiotherapists, nurses, therapists, beauty experts and dermatologists who holistically formulate highly customized programs just for you.
Register here for FREE expertise
Effective weight loss can be achieved, only once the underlying reasons of obesity are identified and acknowledged. To offer you a program that takes care of weight loss while addressing all your health concerns, we conduct a complete Body Composition analysis for each of our client’s as a pre-requisite.
This analysis gives us an insight into the gross distribution of the various elements of your body, helping us decode your Body Composition in terms of water, fat and lean body mass.
Our team of qualified professionals also takes an overview of all the associated risks and coexisting medical problems, social and personal situations and precipitating factors that may be related to your weight gain. This information helps set the guidelines for formulating an appropriate and feasible program that achieves weight loss while promoting wellness for you.
Our experienced team ensures to perform a thorough physical examination along with an evaluation of your medical and family history. A record of all medical reports, drugs (if any) and surgical/medical procedures will be referred to, for those suffering from any ailment or disability in order to deal efficiently with any contraindications.
Evaluation of the Overweight and Obese Patient
- Chronologic history of body weight, weight gain, and inciting events
- Response to previous weight loss attempts
- Understanding of how body weight affects health
- Expectation of weight management program
- Lifestyle, including diet and physical activity patterns
- Social history (occupation, travel, home environment)
- Family history
- Psychiatric and psychologic history ( binge eating disorder, bulimia, body image disturbance)
- Medication history
- System review
- Motivation and readiness
- Body weigth and height measured (without shoes)
- Waist circumference measured superior to iliac crest
- Use of appropriate blood pressure cuff
- Remainder of examination dictated by routine practice and assessment of risk factor
- Lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides)
- Fasting blood glucose
- Fasting Insulin
- Serum cortisol
Weight loss programs focused only at lowering the scales offer short term solutions to dealing with weight issues. At VLCC, we aim at a complete turnaround in lifestyle that steadily conditions you to make healthier choices. Only a permanent change in lifestyle can lead to lifelong wellness. We also consult family physicians in order to analyze the complete medical background of individuals in order to achieve effective weight loss.
With stressful living and a sedentary lifestyle being the leading causes of undesirable weight gain, VLCC advocates the introduction of both active as well as passive activities to facilitate desirable changes in your body weight.
Most of you would know of the beneficial effects regular exercise has on losing weight; however, its advantages are not limited to weight loss. While exercise helps reduce stored body fat by converting it into energy, it also helps build endurance, flexibility, balance and strength to enable as active a lifestyle as possible. It is one of the best ways to keep fit as one ages.
Being mindful of the above benefits, our experienced physiotherapists carefully design and monitor physical activity patterns after a preliminary assessment of your health status and needs.. We recommend activity patterns according to your specific body type, age, medical condition and lifestyle. These exercises combine postural training, cardiovascular training, flexibility and muscle strengthening exercises. We include relaxation techniques for everyone; however co-ordination and balance exercises are included as per an individual’s needs.
We understand that not everyone is capable of handling vigorous physical activities and exercise. This could be due to certain medical conditions, or excessive weight that has led to the weakening of muscles. For such individuals, we offer the following alternatives to exercise:
- Neuro Muscular Stimulators (NMS): These provide a safe and strictly controlled passive muscle stimulation system that is used to replicate physical activity patterns for the muscles.
- Advanced Specialized NMS: Thesehelp tone several areas of the body that may need special attention. They concentrate on areas such as the abdomen (thereby reducing waist circumference and controlling central obesity), the hips and thighs, face, breasts, and even offer full body firming for those with generalized excessive fat distribution.
- Special Body Therapies: These help tighten and tone the skin that begins to sag not only as a natural phenomenon of ageing, but also due to rapid weight loss. We offer a wide range of therapies to bring back the lost firmness of the skin, while relieving it of toxins and rejuvenating it at the same time.